PRAKTIKER HELLAS is seeking to recruit a Logistics Specialist to supervise and secure the safe and efficient functionality of the supply chain to stores and central warehouse, contributing to the company’s aim to have customer orders satisfied correctly.
The position will be based in Athens HQ, the successful candidate will be reporting to the Logistics Manager and the main responsibilities of the role include:
- Negotiation with existing or new suppliers and third parties on contract agreement in cooperation with the Purchasing Department
- Planning the end-to-end delivery of goods liaising closely with suppliers, contracted LSPs and customs brokers
- Coordination and arrangement of all logistics operations regarding international transportation
- Supervision of all cross-docking operations including invoicing, prepayments of duties, taxes approvals, claim handling etc
- Communication with stores and internal teams in order to monitor the safe transportation and track the prompt distribution of goods from and to the stores.
- Distribution data input accurately into the system, data analysis, preparation and maintenance of appropriate records and reports
- Market research for high-value logistics services
- A university degree in Logistics Management or Business related
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics (warehouse, distribution and international transportation)
- Advanced computer literacy is essential (MS Office, esp. Access and Visual Basic)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Good communication skills both in Greek and English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
The company offers a competitive remuneration package, private health insurance and opportunities for career advancement within a dynamic environment.
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send their CV, in English, at email@example.com until November 24th, 2014. The reference code LS14 should be indicated as the subject of your mail.